[lldb-dev] lldb-mi doesn't work on MS-Windows

Ilia K via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 17 11:37:21 PDT 2017

Yep, it requires python from some time.

Guys, how you think is it okay to have such dependency for lldb-mi, or we
should try to get rid of this?

On Aug 17, 2017 21:11, "Ted Woodward" <ted.woodward at codeaurora.org> wrote:

Looking at the source, I think the failure is in
CMICmnLLDBDebugger::Initialize().
The snapshot is built without debug info, so I can't debug it.

lldb.exe in the snapshot is built without python support. I seem to recall
a discussion a few months ago about lldb-mi requiring python; that might be
the issue.

In any case, we should contact the buildbot owner and arrange for lldb to
be built with python. We could provide one with python and one without. The
one with python would require the user to install the same python that the
bot used to build lldb.

Ted

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a