[lldb-dev] LLDB C++ API integration.

Jim Ingham via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 7 15:33:39 PDT 2017

One of the rules of the SB API's both on the Python & C++ side is that we maintain backwards compatibility (up to some time in the Future when we'll declare a SB 2.0...)
So if you compile your tool against some version of the framework, you should be able to run against any newer version.

Apple doesn't include the headers for the SB API's in the frameworks we distribute, so you will have to get & build an LLDB.framework to build against, but if you're developing code using lldb you'll probably want to have that around anyway to help with debugging your code.  But you should be able to run against the LLDB.framework that is shipped with Xcode, provided it has all the API's that you use.

Jim