[lldb-dev] Parallelizing loading of shared libraries

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 28 04:27:22 PDT 2017

On 27 April 2017 at 19:12, Jim Ingham <jingham at apple.com> wrote:
> Interesting.  Do you have to catch this information as the JIT modules get loaded, or can you recover the data after-the-fact?  For most uses, I don't think you need to track JIT modules as they are loaded, but it would be good enough to refresh the list on stop.
>
> Jim

Well, you need to know that the library got loaded so you can decide
whether you want to set a breakpoint there before it gets a chance to
execute. It's the same thing as the dynamic linker rendezvous
breakpoint, only for jitted code.

**I suppose** delay the lookup until the first breakpoint gets set by
the user, as that is the first time we will need that information, but
I guess we don't have the ability to express that now.

FWIW, the jit interface can be disabled by a setting
(plugin.jit-loader.gdb.enable-jit-breakpoint).

pl