[lldb-dev] LLDB-MI remote debugging on Linux

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 25 07:26:45 PDT 2017

On 20 April 2017 at 18:59, Scott Funkenhauser <sfunkenhauser at google.com>
wrote:

> Hey Pavel,
>
> What would be a reasonable solution?
>
> Does having the lldb-server read the shared libraries from disk (instead
> of from the process's memory) sound sensible?

What you are describing should already be the case --  lldb knows how to
download SO files through the lldb-server connection (see
PlatformPOSIX::GetFile). How are you starting lldb-server? The correct
sequence of commands should be like:
remote-host$ ./lldb-server platform *:1234

(lldb) platform select remote-linux
(lldb) platform connect connect://remote-host:1234
(lldb) ... (e.g. attach ?)

It may be possible that this has stopped working on linux as nobody tests
that, but I don't think that's likely as it works just fine on android.

This is also the reason nobody has fixed the crash you ran into, as it only
happens when something goes wrong with the module download. I am not sure
what would be the best way to fix that (if I knew, I would do it already),
but if you want to investigate, please go ahead. The only requirement I
have is that it is still able to download the vdso correctly.