[lldb-dev] Linux issues where I am not getting breakpoints...

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 11 07:56:44 PDT 2017

> On Apr 11, 2017, at 5:33 AM, Pavel Labath <labath at google.com> wrote:
>
> Are you sure this is not just an artifact of stdio buffering? I tried the same experiment, but I placed a real log statement, and I could see that all the LoadModuleAtAddress calls happen between the $T and $c packets in the gdb-remote packet sequence.
>
> The module loading should be synchronous, so I think the problem lies elsewhere.
>
> What is the nature of the breakpoint that is not getting hit? Can you provide a repro case? The only bug like this that I am aware of is that we fail to hit breakpoints in global constructors in shared libraries, but that hasn't worked even in 3.8..

I unfortunately can't attach a repro case. I will be able to track this down, just need some pointers. I did notice that I wasn't able to hit breakpoints in global constructors though... Do we know why? On Mac, we get notified of shared libraries as they load so we never miss anything. Why are we not able to get the same thing with linux?