[lldb-dev] Using LLDB API on windows

Eli Zaretskii via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 4 08:04:01 PDT 2017

> From: Russell Greene <russellgreene8 at gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 14:50:23 +0000
> Cc: ted.woodward at codeaurora.org, lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
>
> Well I would guess the main problem is lldb being compiled in a msys environment which I guess lldb
> recognizes to be so posix to try and launch lldb-server. The results I gave you are from the
> mingw-w64-x86_64-lldb package in msys2.

That's a native 64-bit build of lldb, AFAIU.  It should be okay for
debugging native Windows programs, at least the 64-bit programs.  (I
only ever used a 32-bit build of lldb for debugging 32-bit MinGW
programs, and it worked OK.)

> Pretty sure mingw and msvc have different ABIs though (at least for C++) they have completely different
> name mangling algos.

Yes, but that's not necessarily relevant for debugging, except that
you might see mangled names.