[lldb-dev] Build failure with llvm/IR/Attributes.gen?

Hal Finkel via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 29 12:51:03 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Starting a few days ago (between Sept 22nd and 23rd) my nightly builds including lldb starting failing:

In file included from /path/to/llvm/include/llvm/IR/Argument.h:19:0,
                 from /path/to/llvm/include/llvm/IR/Function.h:22,
                 from /path/to/llvm/include/llvm/IR/Module.h:21,
                 from /path/to/llvm/tools/lldb/include/lldb/Expression/IRExecutionUnit.h:22,
                 from /path/to/llvm/tools/lldb/source/Expression/ExpressionVariable.cpp:12:
/path/to/llvm/include/llvm/IR/Attributes.h:71:38: fatal error: llvm/IR/Attributes.gen: No such file or directory
     #include "llvm/IR/Attributes.gen"
                                      ^
compilation terminated.

This might be simply the result of some unexpressed dependency in the cmake files (my build uses make -j72, so it tends to find these kinds of issues when they come up). Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Hal

--
Hal Finkel