[lldb-dev] Adding D language demangling support

Timothee Cour via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 22 09:56:54 PDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Greg Clayton via lldb-dev <
lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> You could have a setting that allows you to specify prefix as the key with
> a dylib path as a value. Would you expect a function with certain name or
> would you need to specify the function name (probably mangled) as well? Let
> me know what you are thinking?

whatever works it doesn't really matter so long there's something to get
started, I was going for something simple to start with but if you want
this level of flexibility how about using a json config file:

export LLDB_DEMANGLE_CONFIG_FILE="~/.lldbl.demangle.conf"

cat ~/.lldbl.demangle.conf

{"demangle":
  ["D": {"prefix" : "_D", "shared_libary_file" :
"/path/libdemangled.dylib", "mangled_name", "_demangle_custom_D"}],
  ["nim":  /* same for nim language */ ],
}

Greg