[lldb-dev] LLDB Evolution - Final Form

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 19 15:19:40 PDT 2016

Obviously I defer to you on whether testing via the SB API is better than
what GDB does or used to do.  But these are not the only two systems in the
world.  Having used both LLDB and LLVM's test suite extensively, I still
remain unconvinced that LLDB's testing situation could not be improved.  Do
we improve it by doing what GDB did?  Obviously not.  Can we improve it
further by doing something completely different than what GDB did *and*
what LLDB currently does?  I remain convinced that we can.