[lldb-dev] Python3 compatibility for the API

Ted Woodward via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 13 13:55:32 PDT 2016

I just built lldb on Ubuntu 12 with Python 3.5.1. I needed to set python includes, python library and python executable in cmake.

I found a problem with the tests - most ran fine, but I got errors with tests that tried to use pexpect, like TestConvenienceVariables.py.
  File "/local/scratch/ted/8.1/llvm/tools/lldb/third_party/Python/module/pexpect-2.4/pexpect.py", line 82
    except ImportError, e:
                      ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

If we want to run the tests with Python3 we'll need to update pexpect.

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project