[lldb-dev] [OS X]: building lldb with cmake

René J.V. Bertin via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 10 00:59:55 PDT 2016

On Friday September 09 2016 20:00:34 Zachary Turner wrote:
>To be completely honest with you I don't even know why this class exists.
>All it needs to do is use llvm's regex class.  The entire MIUtilParse.h /
>.cpp files can be deleted as far as I'm concerned.

That clearly needs a bit more work, it provides a class that's used. It also needs access to the private header; the public Regex.h header lacks the definition for a private type.
I'll leave this to someone else to figure out. I was trying a standalone build with the lldb source tree at its usual location so I could simply correct the include statement (#include "../../../lib/Support/regex_impl.h").

I must say that there is a significant advantage to doing a standalone build if you already have all dependencies in place. The resulting build directory is over twice smaller than it is when you do an official/full configure and then invoke make in the tools/lldb subdirectory. The build time must be proportionally shorter.

R.