[lldb-dev] [OS X]: building lldb with cmake

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 9 02:42:34 PDT 2016

Hi Rene,

building lldb on osx with cmake should work fine when you're doing it
as a part of llvm (our buildbot is doing it
<http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/lldb-x86_64-darwin-13.4>).

What you are asking for is called a "standalone" build of LLDB. I
don't think anyone has tried it on a mac, but other people are using
it, with varying levels of success. You should look at
lldb/cmake/modules/LLDBStandalone.cmake for how to set it up. As far
as I know, the main trick is pointing your build to the llvm-config
binary installed by the llvm package (you should just check out the
lldb repo, without llvm and clang sources).

good luck,
pl