[lldb-dev] lldb-3.8.1 prebuilt binary for windows7

Ted Woodward via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 28 09:35:27 PST 2016

Windows has no concept of a default python installation, and I can’t be sure what version of python my users have, if any, so I need to solve 2 problems:

1)      Where is python when I’m building?

2)      Where is python when I’m running?

To solve #1, I set LLDB_RELOCATABLE_PYTHON to TRUE, and PYTHON_HOME to my python installation (on our buildbots, c:/python351).

#2 only needs to be solved if the machine you’re running on doesn’t have the same python installation, in PYTHON_HOME above. To do that, I’ve added code to set a cmake path LLDB_DEFAULT_PYTHONHOME, which I pass as a macro down to InitializePythonHome in source/Plugins/ScriptInterpreter/Python/ScriptInterpreterPython.cpp, and call Py_SetPythonHome with it. My installations have the python dll and python library directory. We put the library in <install>/lib/python35 and the dll in <install>/bin.

--

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project