[lldb-dev] Standalone build broken after r269332

Kamil Rytarowski via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 13 19:04:35 PDT 2016

On 14.05.2016 02:46, Eugene Zelenko via lldb-dev wrote:
> But biggest problem remains is how to specify Clang source and build
> directories, since llvm-config doesn't tells about them.

The requirement of source-code of Clang+LLVM and build dirs of Clang and
LLVM is no-go in a package-manager use-case. This is only needed for the
import of regex implementation pulled out of LLDB sources.

The proper fix for it is to stop using regex implementation from out of
the LLDB sources.

Temporarily, I'm building LLDB on NetBSD with a local patch [1] adding
these regex libraries without any further issues in the standalone
build. In order to work on proper regex usage in LLDB, I need to
increase the number of passed tests on my platform -- to catch any
regressions easier.

[1] https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc-wip/tree/master/lldb-git/patches