[lldb-dev] Inquiry about LLDB remote protocol

Aidan Dodds via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 29 08:20:48 PDT 2016

The GDB RSP, which LLDB RSP is derived from is certainly state-full and
maintains an notion of the current thread for queries (reading
registers, etc..) and for execution commands (stepping), see the 'H' packet.
The RSP has evolved quite a bit however and extended packets were
introduced that do take TID's as a parameter (vcont for instance).
Hopefully someone can chip in who is more familiar with lldb-server however.

As for your other question, the RSP should however be relatively
platform independent as far as state-fullness goes, I don't think and of
the upstream lldb platforms keep an kind of special state.

Disclaimer... Its been a little while since I have had to really dig
into RSP so its all liable to have changed.