[lldb-dev] SBListener not using a shared_ptr internally? (Update: Segfault after r262863)

Paul Peet via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 28 08:55:57 PDT 2016

Hey again,

I've noticing segfaults after r262863
(dc5ef2da510f3adba99cd8b2fe18c2e6d417227d).
Could you try reproducing this bug with this code please?

int main() {
  using namespace lldb;

  SBDebugger::Initialize();

  SBDebugger debugger = SBDebugger::Create(true);
  if(!debugger.IsValid()) {
    return 1;
  }

  SBTarget target = debugger.CreateTarget("/home/dev/helloWorld/main");
  if(!target.IsValid()) {
    return 1;
  }

  const char* args[] = { "/home/dev/helloWorld/main", 0 };
  const char* env[] = { 0 };

  SBLaunchInfo launch_info(args);
  launch_info.SetEnvironmentEntries(env, true);
  launch_info.SetWorkingDirectory("/home/dev/helloWorld");
  launch_info.SetLaunchFlags(eLaunchFlagStopAtEntry);

  SBError error;
  SBProcess process = target.Launch(launch_info, error);

  return 0;
}

I tried to build lldb with and without the above commit and it turns
out that the revision is causing the segfault when simply running that
code (When it's exiting).

This is the backtrace:

#0  0x0000555555b03b00 in ?? ()
#1  0x00007ffff71be1aa in
lldb_private::Broadcaster::BroadcasterImpl::RestoreBroadcaster() ()
from /usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#2  0x00007ffff748b674 in
lldb_private::process_gdb_remote::GDBRemoteCommunicationClient::SendPacketAndWaitForResponse(char
const*, unsigned long, StringExtractorGDBRemote&, bool) () from
/usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#3  0x00007ffff748e89d in
lldb_private::process_gdb_remote::GDBRemoteCommunicationClient::SendGDBStoppointTypePacket(lldb_private::process_gdb_remote::GDBStoppointType,
bool, unsigned long, unsigned int) () from /usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#4  0x00007ffff746fdab in
lldb_private::process_gdb_remote::ProcessGDBRemote::DisableBreakpointSite(lldb_private::BreakpointSite*)
() from /usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#5  0x00007ffff733938b in std::_Function_handler<void
(lldb_private::BreakpointSite*),
lldb_private::Process::DisableAllBreakpointSites()::{lambda(lldb_private::BreakpointSite*)#1}>::_M_invoke(std::_Any_data
const&, lldb_private::BreakpointSite*&&) () from
/usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#6  0x00007ffff716ae4f in
lldb_private::BreakpointSiteList::ForEach(std::function<void
(lldb_private::BreakpointSite*)> const&) () from
/usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#7  0x00007ffff733ba9f in
lldb_private::Process::DisableAllBreakpointSites() () from
/usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#8  0x00007ffff734a58c in lldb_private::Process::Destroy(bool) () from
/usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#9  0x00007ffff734aa2d in lldb_private::Process::Finalize() () from
/usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#10 0x00007ffff71d3fe0 in lldb_private::Debugger::Clear() () from
/usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#11 0x00007ffff71d97cf in lldb_private::Debugger::~Debugger() () from
/usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#12 0x00007ffff71da0c8 in
std::_Sp_counted_ptr<lldb_private::Debugger*,
(__gnu_cxx::_Lock_policy)2>::_M_dispose() () from
/usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#13 0x00007ffff71cdceb in
std::vector<std::shared_ptr<lldb_private::Debugger>,
std::allocator<std::shared_ptr<lldb_private::Debugger> > >::~vector()
() from /usr/lib/liblldb.so.3.8.0
#14 0x00007ffff60d9c38 in __run_exit_handlers () from /usr/lib/libc.so.6
#15 0x00007ffff60d9c85 in exit () from /usr/lib/libc.so.6
#16 0x00007ffff60c4717 in __libc_start_main () from /usr/lib/libc.so.6
#17 0x0000555555554f69 in _start ()