[lldb-dev] LLDB /w Windows and MinGW64

Eran Ifrah via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 27 15:55:43 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have built LLDB on Windows 7 using MinGW64/4.9.2 (took some effort to get
the job done...)
When I tried to debug a simple hello world executable, I get this output:

D:\software\msys-for-clang\1.0\home\PC\build-release-64-lldb\bin>lldb.exe
HelloWorld.exe
(lldb) target create "HelloWorld.exe"
Current executable set to 'HelloWorld.exe' (x86_64).
(lldb) b main.cpp:7
Breakpoint 1: where = HelloWorld.exe`main + 26 at main.cpp:7, address =
0x000000000040154a
(lldb) r
error: process launch failed: unable to locate lldb-server
(lldb)

I can't seem to locate lldb-server anywhere, and according
to LLDBConfig.cmake, this target should not get built on Windows:

# Figure out if lldb could use lldb-server.  If so, then we'll
# ensure we build lldb-server when an lldb target is being built.
if ((CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME MATCHES "Darwin") OR
    (CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME MATCHES "FreeBSD") OR
    (CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME MATCHES "Linux") OR
    (CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME MATCHES "NetBSD"))
    set(LLDB_CAN_USE_LLDB_SERVER 1)
else()
    set(LLDB_CAN_USE_LLDB_SERVER 0)
endif()

and in the tools/CMakeLists.txt file we have this:

if (LLDB_CAN_USE_LLDB_SERVER)
  add_subdirectory(lldb-server)
endif()

Any ideas?