[lldb-dev] SBProcess::Detach kills target

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 25 15:57:36 PDT 2016

Calling SBProcess::Detach() on a process that is currently running should always detach and this seems like a bug. This might be this way because if you launch a process in LLDB and then quit:

% lldb /bin/ls
(lldb) b malloc
(lldb) run
(lldb) quit

This should kill the process if it was launched and detach if we attached. But only when we quit without telling it to do something. If we did:

% lldb /bin/ls
(lldb) b malloc
(lldb) run
(lldb) detach

Then this should always detach if the user explicitly requests it no matter how it was launched.