[lldb-dev] Missed breakpoint

Dean De Leo via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 18 11:59:00 PDT 2016

Hi,

we have been observing that, sporadically, an internal callback set for a breakpoint is not invoked. We are setting an hidden breakpoint in the renderscript plugin through:

breakpoint = target.CreateBreakpoint(symbol_address, true, false);
breakpoint->SetCallback(rs_callback, rs_baton, true);

where symbol_address refers to a runtime function x in the debugged process.
The callback is properly invoked 99% of the time that the process calls the function x, though occasionally it is missed, while both prior and further calls are recorded.

This issue seems to occur only in android/mips32, though we are not able to exclude whether other platforms are affected.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue or can provide any suggestion to what might be worth to watch for that might cause this behaviour?

Thanks,
Dean

--
Codeplay Software Ltd