[lldb-dev] Help needed regarding LLDB/MI
RISHABH GUPTA via lldb-dev
lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 16 11:01:49 PDT 2016
On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 10:41 PM, Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 11, 2016, at 9:30 AM, RISHABH GUPTA via lldb-dev <
> lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I have started using LLDB/MI but there are some commands that are not
> working .I start the MI in terminal as "lldb-mi-3.6 --interpreter" and then
> launch the application that I want to debug but commands like "n"
> ,"list","continue" ,"step" are not working.There is this error message that
> gets displayed on giving these commands
> > "^error,msg="Driver. Received command 'command_name'. It was not
> handled. Command 'continue' not in Command Factory"
> Was this something you were typing at a "(gdb)" prompt?
> If not, it sounds like your software is using GDB commands instead of
> using the actual MI commands and the best solutions is to fix your software
> to actually use the MI commands instead of sending GDB command interpreter
> I believe there is some way to send a gdb command line command, so if you
> have a "(gdb) " prompt, and we will pass the command along to LLDB.
> > I tried looking for the substitutes of these commands here
> but could not find any.
> > Could anyone please help me out with this?
> So check if your IDE is not actually using MI. Your IDE shouldn't send a
> "continue" GDB command interpreter command, but it should send an
> "exec-continue" MI packet since you are using MI. Don't sent a "n" packet,
> but send a "exec-next" packet. Etc...
till now I have been using the MI in the terminal itself .I figured out the
corresponding MI commands for 'n','step','continue' but not for 'list'.
The thing is GDB/MI commands listed here
just work outside the box when used with LLDB/MI .for example:
1.In GDB/MI -exec-next commands works fine but to make it work for LLDB/MI
we need to provide the thread number ,so the command becomes "-exec-next
2.-var-update command ,In GDB/MI "-var-update *" works fine but the same
command in LLDB/MI gives
"^error,msg="Command 'var-update'. Variable '*' does not exist"
So it takes time to figure out the correct usage of the command
Let me know what your IDE is doing.
They are implementing the MI only
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the lldb-dev