[lldb-dev] What's the purpose of the TestStarted-XXX and TestFinished-XXX files?

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 10 01:44:03 PST 2016

I don't think anyone is relying on these. We should just stop creating
them altogether.

We are using the *.log files to track test results over time, but we
don't need these files there. You can detect crashing tests by the
fact that the log files don't have a "TestResult-" (Success, Failure,
Error, ...) prefix. We have a script for doing that here
<https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/lldb-utils/+/lldb-master-dev/buildbotScripts/logParser/doParse.py>,
but it's very specific to our buildbot setup, so it may not be very
useful to you...