[lldb-dev] compile failure with VS 2015 Update 3

Philippe Lavoie via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 30 13:19:51 PDT 2016

Hello,

has anyone tried to compile LLDB with Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 ?

It compiles fine with Update 2, but with Update 3 we get error messages like:

    D:\dev\llvm\tools\lldb\include\lldb/Target/Process.h(3194): error C2719:
    'default_stop_addr': formal parameter with requested alignment of 8 won't be aligned
    (compiling source file D:\dev\llvm\tools\lldb\source\Expression\FunctionCaller.cpp)

although there is no __declspec(align) on that parameter.
We reported the issue to Microsoft here:
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/2870567/lldb-no-longer-compiles

-Philippe