[lldb-dev] Inquiry about Error codes sent by lldb-server

Jim Ingham via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 30 10:30:16 PDT 2016

Note this isn't something we made up...  In the gdb remote protocol spec, it says:

The error response returned for some packets includes a two character error number. That number is not well defined.

I think they are just meant to be useful for debugging a particular gdb-remote protocol server.  For instance, in lldb some of the packet response handlers that emit various error numbers, which will help you trace the error back to its source.  But in the specification of the protocol, they seldom have any particular meaning.

Jim