[lldb-dev] [llvm-dev] Git Move: GitHub+modules proposal

Renato Golin via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 27 09:13:38 PDT 2016

On 27 June 2016 at 17:03, Rafael EspĂ­ndola <rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that trying to create a ordering/rev number between independent git
> repositories is fundamentally unreliable.
>
> If we want to keep llvm and clang in lock step we should probably probably
> just have them in the same repository like
> https://github.com/llvm-project/llvm-project.

That is similar to the proposal we have, except that llvm-projects
will have sub-modules.

Having all of them in the same physical repository is a big problems
for those that only use a small subset of the components, which is the
vast majority of users, most of the time (all buildbots, Jenkins,
local development, downstream users, even releases don't clone all
repos).

cheers,
--renato