[lldb-dev] [cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] GitHub anyone?

Mehdi Amini via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 2 11:54:19 PDT 2016

> On Jun 2, 2016, at 11:51 AM, dag at cray.com wrote:
>
> Mehdi Amini via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:
>
>> My opinion is that submodules or not is an implementation details. For
>> the sake of this high-level discussion we should be able to keep it as
>> "submodules" meaning "some system to integrate and manage different
>> repositories coherently".
>> We should evaluate subtree as well, as you mentioned, but also the
>> tradeoff of other tools like repo (Android).
>
> Fair enough.  It might be less confusing to use a term other that
> "submodule" though.  I've used "superproject/subproject" in the past,
> for example, and also "host repository" and "project repository."

It does not even represent the full set of possibility: having a *separate* "integration repository" is what *I* think would be better. Some people proposed submodules in the llvm repo to track the subprojects, with a possible auto-update on push to the other repos. In this case there is no "super project" or separate repo.
I'm not trying to force a design on anyone here.

--
Mehdi