[lldb-dev] Remote Kernel Debugging using LLDB

hrishikesh chaudhari via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 27 22:31:22 PDT 2016

Hi,
I have been trying to debug my kernel Extension. In order to enter a kernel
into a panic mode, I have put hard debug point using (int $3). When the
target system starts, the kernel waits into panic mode for debugger to
attach.

Now the problem is:

What should I set target in lldb command? I have mach_kernel from KDK
(kernel debug kit) and also have my own kernel extension. if I set
mach_kernel a target I am not able put breakpoint in my kernel extension
and if I make target as my kernel ext ..i can put breakpoint but then after
hitting continue it says invalid process ..... So the question is how to
proceed after connecting bebugger in panic mode??? – hrishikesh chaudhari
<http://stackoverflow.com/users/6458887/hrishikesh-chaudhari> Jul 22 at
12:52
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38372082/how-to-do-remote-kernel-degugging-on-maverics-10-9-osx-using-lldb/38525793#comment64448058_38372082>

Thanks