[lldb-dev] Patch to fix REPL for ARMv7 & ARMv6 on linux

William Dillon via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 29 16:13:44 PST 2016

Hi Omair,

In a very real sense, no information is lost here.  The addition of the ‘l’ only indicates that the system is little endian.  When the triple is created, the flag setting little endian is set (and defaults to little anyway).  There is no other valid ARM sub architecture with ARMv6 or ARMv7 that ends with an ‘l’.

I based this change somewhat on the existing model for massaging LLVM triples such as in HostInfoLinux.cpp:

void
HostInfoLinux::ComputeHostArchitectureSupport(ArchSpec &arch_32, ArchSpec &arch_64)
{
    HostInfoPosix::ComputeHostArchitectureSupport(arch_32, arch_64);

    const char *distribution_id = GetDistributionId().data();

    // On Linux, "unknown" in the vendor slot isn't what we want for the default
    // triple.  It's probably an artifact of config.guess.
    if (arch_32.IsValid())
    {
        arch_32.SetDistributionId(distribution_id);
        if (arch_32.GetTriple().getVendor() == llvm::Triple::UnknownVendor)
            arch_32.GetTriple().setVendorName(llvm::StringRef());
    }
    if (arch_64.IsValid())
    {
        arch_64.SetDistributionId(distribution_id);
        if (arch_64.GetTriple().getVendor() == llvm::Triple::UnknownVendor)
            arch_64.GetTriple().setVendorName(llvm::StringRef());
    }
}

Would it make you more comfortable is this patch was rewritten within HostInfoLinux::ComputeHostArchitectureSupport alongside the massaging of the vendor name for linux?

- Will