[lldb-dev] [cfe-dev] [3.8 Release] RC1 has been tagged

Brian Cain via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 24 14:48:48 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Brian Cain <brian.cain at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Eric Fiselier <eric at efcs.ca> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 7:04 PM, Brian Cain via cfe-dev <
>> cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>
>>> SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11SP3 x86_64
>>>
>>> Looks like I see several failures that weren't in 3.7.1.  Is there any
>>> way to tell whether these are regressions vs new-to-3.8.0-but-failing?  The
>>> MSan ones were in 3.7.1 but the ThreadPoolTest and the libc++ errors were
>>> not in 3.7.1.
>>>

>> All of the libc++ failures seem like non-issues and should be in 3.7.1.
>> Did you change or upgrade your platform or libc version?  I'm not sure
>> about the libc++abi error though.
>>

> I don't recall any changes to libc.  Attached is the testing log from
> 3.7.1 rc2 (I don't have logs from -final handy).
>
> I can repeat a 3.7.1 release build on this system now.  I don't think the
> results will change, though.

I discussed this more with Eric off-list and I think we've come to the
conclusion that this was not a regression, it was my error.

It's a bit tricky -- what should I expect for a new platform?  All failing
tests are likely failing because they can't be/aren't yet supported?  It's
tough to distinguish -- are they real bugs to be fixed, errors in the
build/release process?