[lldb-dev] clang-format now supports return type on separate line

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 21 10:59:02 PST 2016

Also this is the same standard that applies to the rest of LLVM.
 clang-format your patches.  Just because we haven't been consistently
following the rules until now doesn't mean we should continue to not follow
the rules going forward.  This way eventually the codebase slowly converges
towards a properly formatted one.  If clang-format does something that you
think looks awkward with respect to the surrounding code (perhaps within a
single logical block or whatever else) then just touch a line of code in
the surrounding area so that clang-format will do it too. Since it only
formats the differential, you have as much control as you need to produce
something that a) is consistent with the rules, and b) doesn't look awkward
with respect to surrounding code.