[lldb-dev] [3.8 Release] RC1 has been tagged

Dimitry Andric via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 20 05:25:40 PST 2016

Unfortunately I'm having lots of trouble with rc1 at this point:
* libcxxabi can't build, because it requires unwind.h, which we do not yet have on FreeBSD 10.x (Ed Maste is working on it for 11.x, but that is not ready for general consumption).
* The test-release.sh script has no option to disable only libcxxabi, you can only disable libcxx, libcxxabi and libunwind together (maybe this can be improved)
* Last time I hand-built libcxx, it still had a lot of test failures in the locale parts, but I haven't had time to investigate.
* OpenMP does not support i386-freebsd, so I have to disable it there
* Last but not least: the host compiler on FreeBSD 10.x is clang 3.4.1 (the last version that can build without C++11 support), and it crashes with a segfault during building of CGBlocks.cpp.  I'll need to find some way to work around this failure, since we cannot upgrade the compiler easily on FreeBSD 10.x.

I also had to hack the test-release.sh script to fix a number of problems that I encountered during the 3.7.1 release, but haven't gotten to upstreaming them.  E.g. the way the source code is checked out with symlinks all over the place does not work, and I need to add a custom patch to clang-tools-extra to make the tests succeed, because there is a race condition in the Makefile.

-Dimitry