[lldb-dev] LLDB build at windows

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 14 10:24:19 PST 2016

When we move to VS 2015 (which will be soon, btw) we will require Python
3.5+ on Windows.  This already works for the most part, you can even try it
out today.  I've spent the better part of the past 6 months making LLDB's
python bindings work with Python 3.  The best part is that you don't need
to custom build Python 3.5, you can just use the installer from Python.org
(make sure you choose to install debug binaries too).

So in summary:
* VS 2013 -> requires Python custom built version of Python 2.7
* VS 2015 -> requires any version of Python >= 3.5, doesn't have to be
custom built.