[lldb-dev] Using control+left/right arrow to jump between words in the prompt

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 11 11:07:15 PST 2016

So anything that is missing can be added to your ~/.editrc file since LLDB uses the editline library and that reads .editrc file.

Examples of what you can add to your .editrc file:

lldb:bind '^[[5C' vi-next-word
lldb:bind '^[[5D' vi-prev-word
lldb:bind '^D' ed-delete-next-char
lldb:bind '^B' ed-command
lldb:bind '^P' ed-search-prev-history
lldb:bind '^N' ed-search-next-history

For more info, just type "man editrc" at your shell command line.

If you think any such bindings should be included by default, please file a bug and suggest what you think should be added by default. If you do add something you should think if the binding should be for vi or emacs bindings by default as these bindings often would differ between the two.