[lldb-dev] How to load core on a different machine? - image base addresses

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 7 09:35:40 PST 2016

> On Jan 7, 2016, at 9:02 AM, Eugene Birukov <eugenebi at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Forking the thread since image list looks like an independent issue.
>
> 	• There is no image base addresses on Linux. Is this a known issue?

It is now!

> 	• I did not find any C++ API to get it in my program. Did I miss it? Seems useful...

The main question is what do you consider to be your "image address"? For MachO files on MacOSX, it is the address of the mach header in memory. If the ELF header and all of the program headers and sections headers are actually in memory, then the address should be the address of the ELF header.