[lldb-dev] Questions for module/symbol load/unload events

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 29 12:43:37 PST 2016

In general where you see the event bits defined like SBTarget.h for your case, the class that contains the event bit definitions:

class SBTarget
{
public:
    //------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Broadcaster bits.
    //------------------------------------------------------------------
    enum
    {
        eBroadcastBitBreakpointChanged  = (1 << 0),
        eBroadcastBitModulesLoaded      = (1 << 1),
        eBroadcastBitModulesUnloaded    = (1 << 2),
        eBroadcastBitWatchpointChanged  = (1 << 3),
        eBroadcastBitSymbolsLoaded      = (1 << 4)
    };

Also contains all of the static functions that can extract data from those events:

class SBTarget
{
public:
    static bool
    EventIsTargetEvent (const lldb::SBEvent &event);

    static lldb::SBTarget
    GetTargetFromEvent (const lldb::SBEvent &event);

    static uint32_t
    GetNumModulesFromEvent (const lldb::SBEvent &event);

    static lldb::SBModule
    GetModuleAtIndexFromEvent (const uint32_t idx, const lldb::SBEvent &event);

Greg Clayton