[lldb-dev] API for loading debug symbols

Mike Gulick via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 26 15:32:59 PST 2016

On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:18:00 -0800
Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com> wrote:

> That makes perfect sense. So will this be enough to get you going
> them?

I think so.  I am curious what the correct way would be to use
the '--shlib' option would be since I couldn't get it to work.

I'm going to try creating a python script which registers for the
lldb.SBTarget.eBroadcastBitModulesLoaded event, and when a new
module is loaded that doesn't have any compilation units,
it will then call the 'target symbols add' command to add the
additional dylib file.

I'll post back if I'm unable to get it to work.

Thanks,
Mike