[lldb-dev] Questions for module/symbol load/unload events

Jeffrey Tan via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Feb 27 20:34:47 PST 2016

Hi,

I am trying to listen for module/symbol load/unload events and display them
in output UI so that debugger users can have a basic clue what is debugger
busy doing while launching a big executable linking many shared libraries.

Questions:
1. I did not find an API to get current load/unload module during module
events. I was expecting some static API like lldb.SBModule(or
SBTarget).GetModuleFromEvent(SBEvent), but this does not exists. I tried to
treat current PC's module as loading module in module load/unload events.
But that does not work too(I think because process is not stopped in module
load/unload events). Do I miss something here?

2. Even though "image list" shows I have around 42 modules loaded in
process, I only got two module load events. Why is that?

3. Even though I added lldb.SBTarget.eBroadcastBitSymbolsLoaded, there is
no event of type eBroadcastBitSymbolsLoaded generated. Is it expected?
Apparently I have the symbols next to the binary.

This is tested on mac OSX lldb.

Jeffrey