[lldb-dev] How to use the C++ API? No useful documentation?

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 24 16:05:14 PST 2016

Not sure. First off, you don't need to do:

process.GetBroadcaster().AddListener(...)

The debugger's listener is already listening to all the events. If you don't specify a listener during launch the process will use the debugger's listener automatically. If you end up making your own process listener, you would actually tell your listener to listen to a broadcaster:

SBListener listener("process-listener");
launch_info.SetListener (listener);
SBProcess process = target.Launch(launch_info, error);

Everything else looks good.

What happens if you try running using the process_events.py python script? You might need to specify the PYTHONPATH environment variable to point to your lldb.so

% PYTHONPATH=/path/to/lldb/build/directory python lldb/examples/python/process_events.py --breakpoint main.c:12 -- ./a.out arg1 arg2

Does this work if you replace a.out with the path and args for your program? If it does, I would start porting the code from process_events.py and seeing what works and what doesn't. The process_events.py will call "process.Continue()" after it stops. Feel free to edit and play with this script.