[lldb-dev] r260768 (Removed many JIT workarounds from IRForTarget) broke expression parser with function on Hexagon

Ted Woodward via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 24 14:17:20 PST 2016

I did some digging and found where the ID is being changed from 0x5 to 0xa in the original code.

IRForTarget::runOnModule() calls ResolveFunctionPointers(), which gets a Constant * from BuildFunctionPointer(). This Value has an ID of 0xa, and runOnModule() then calls the original Function’s replaceAllUsesWith(), passing in the new Value, changing ID from 0x5 to 0xa.

If I comment out the call to ResolveFunctionPointer() in the original code, I get the same error as the current code: “error: Can't run the expression locally: Interpreter doesn't handle one of the expression's operands”

So I went to r260768 and added back in the call to ResolveFunctionPointer(), as well as functions that it depended on:

ClangExpressionDeclMap::FindCodeSymbolInContext()

ClangExpressionDeclMap::FindBestAlternateMangledName()

ClangExpressionDeclMap::GetFunctionAddress()

IRForTarget::GetFunctionAddress()

IRForTarget::BuildFunctionPointer()

I commented out the call to RegisterFunctionMetadata() since it didn’t seem to matter.

After those changes, I was able to print out main’s info and call functions with the expression parser.

Is there anything in these functions that I can get rid of, or is handled by newer code?

--

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project