[lldb-dev] Sending input to the process being debugged

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 22 16:30:01 PST 2016

You have to consume the events from the debugger's listener (unless you specify a different listener in your SBLaunchInfo or SBAttachInfo).

We have python code that can show you how to consume events:

svn cat http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/lldb/trunk/examples/python/process_events.py

So even though your process might be stopped, until you consume the stop event, the process will claim it is running or launching.

The process broadcasts process event state changes (changing from running to stopped, or stopped to running).

If you have more detailed questions, please let me know.

Greg Clayton