[lldb-dev] <rdar://problem/24581488> LLDB does some deep recursion into external modules to resolve name lookups

Sean Callanan via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 9 18:54:34 PST 2016

I’ve been investing the “po performance bug” (<rdar://problem/24534599> po when debugging Xcode is extremely slow) in recent Xcode, and I discovered this problem.

We are looking at pch files that are generated on Xcode’s behalf and it looks like we’re recursing through their dependencies when we don’t find something, but we’re probably not searching efficiently because this is super slow.

This would be an Everest regression.

I’m going to keep working on the original Radar because I haven’t gotten Brent’s backtrace yet; that said, this one is going to affect users’ perception of expression parser performance as well so I’ve filed it separately.

Sean