[lldb-dev] LLDB windows build and /bigobj

Aidan Dodds via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 9 03:55:03 PST 2016

Hi all,

I pulled in recent changes to upstream llvm, clang and lldb and it seems
to have tipped my windows build over the edge, and its complaining that
my object files have exceeded the section limit.
This error is raised while building the clang libraries.  Has anyone
else seen this problem while doing an x64 build with with Visual Studio
2015?

This problem can be fixed however by specifying /bigobj as a compiler
flag.  The problem is however that this needs to be given to clang,
which in turn inherits most of its cmake from llvm.

I have attached my prospective patch for this issue, but wanted to check
in with the lldb folk first to see if anyone has hit this issue, and if
they would have any feedback before I submit it to llvm.

Thanks,
Aidan

--
Aidan Dodds
staff software engineer, Debuggers

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and /or privileged information and is for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Codeplay Software Ltd immediately and delete the message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it,or use or disclose its contents to any other person. Any views or other information in this message which do not relate to our business are not authorized by Codeplay software Ltd, nor does this message form part of any contract unless so stated.
As internet communications are capable of data corruption Codeplay Software Ltd does not accept any responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was sent. Please note that Codeplay Software Ltd does not accept any liability or responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.
Company registered in England and Wales, number: 04567874
Registered office: 81 Linkfield Street, Redhill RH1 6BY