[lldb-dev] [Release-testers] [3.8 Release] RC2 has been tagged

Dimitry Andric via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 4 00:09:18 PST 2016

On 02 Feb 2016, at 22:15, Hans Wennborg via Release-testers <release-testers at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Release Candidate 2 has just been tagged [1]. Please build, test, and
> upload to the sftp.
>
> I know there are still outstanding issues from RC1, but there have
> been a lot of merges going into the branch and I think it's time for
> another round of RC testing.
>
> This RC comes a little behind schedule, sorry about that, but I'm
> still optimistic about hitting the target of releasing towards the end
> of February.

I've had some trouble getting compiler-rt to build on FreeBSD, but after a few minor hacks, I managed to make it build and test successfully for i386.  For x86_64, however, there is still a problem in the tsan tests:

/tmp/gotsan.WXO5sLCzBa/gotsan.cc:(.text+0x22d9b): undefined reference to `__sanitizer::GetRSS()'
/tmp/gotsan.WXO5sLCzBa/gotsan.cc:(.text+0x22e7b): undefined reference to `__sanitizer::GetRSS()'
/tmp/gotsan.WXO5sLCzBa/gotsan.cc:(.text+0x22feb): undefined reference to `__sanitizer::GetRSS()'
clang-3.8: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
projects/compiler-rt/lib/tsan/CMakeFiles/GotsanRuntimeCheck.dir/build.make:50: recipe for target 'projects/compiler-rt/lib/tsan/CMakeFiles/GotsanRuntimeCheck' failed
gmake[3]: *** [projects/compiler-rt/lib/tsan/CMakeFiles/GotsanRuntimeCheck] Error 1

E.g., at some point, GetRSS() got added or split out, but there is no FreeBSD variant of this function.  So for now I am probably going to attempt to disable tsan only, and continue with the rest of the build.

-Dimitry