[lldb-dev] Patch to fix REPL for ARMv7 & ARMv6 on linux

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 1 01:50:13 PST 2016

On 30 January 2016 at 00:13, William Dillon <william at housedillon.com> wrote:
> In a very real sense, no information is lost here.
That is exactly the reason why it looks very hackish. :)

It looks to me like you are trying to work around some other bug,
probably in the code that consumes the triple.

Could you point me to the code that consumes that triple? Couldn't
that be fixed to look at triple.getSubArch() instead of it's string
representation?

> Would it make you more comfortable is this patch was rewritten within HostInfoLinux::ComputeHostArchitectureSupport alongside the massaging of the vendor name for linux?

If this is Linux-specific, then HostInfoLinux is definitely a better
place for it. However, I would like to understand this a bit deeper
first...

pl