[lldb-dev] [RFC] Delete the "testcases" symlink

Chris Bieneman via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 15 09:38:28 PST 2016

So, I want to delete the testcases symlink from the LLDB tree, and move the tests out of the packages directory into tests/testcases.

A few reasons why I want to do this:
(1) I can't imagine symlinks in SVN is something that works well on platforms that don't support symlinks (like Windows)
(2) It trips up scripts and tools that try to operate on the files without calling realpath (while I know I could fix those, it is easier to just fix this)
(3) It seems to me that it is completely unnecessary. In lldbsuite's __init__.py we already find the test cases by path from the lldb checkout root, so having them live in the python packages just seems odd.

Thoughts?

Is there a reason why they need to live in the packages directory that I'm unaware of?

-Chris