[lldb-dev] Possible bug in CommandObjectMultiword::Execute

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 8 17:40:02 PST 2016

In the case where there is a sub_command, we execute this code:

  if (sub_cmd_obj != nullptr) {
    // Now call CommandObject::Execute to process and options in
    // 'rest_of_line'.  From there the command-specific version of Execute
will
    // be called, with the processed arguments.

    args.Shift();
    sub_cmd_obj->Execute(args_string, result);
    return result.Succeeded();
  }

the `args.Shift()` statement has no effect, since `args_string` is computed
before we get here and is not recomputed after the shift.  So either the
Shift() is superfluous or we should be re-generating the args string before
passing it through.

Can someone confirm which is correct?