[lldb-dev] LLDB 4.0.0 crashes on Windows 7

Eli Zaretskii via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 6 07:59:57 PST 2016

> Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 18:08:03 +0200
> Cc: lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
> From: Eli Zaretskii via lldb-dev <lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org>
>
> > From: Rudy Pons <rudy.pons at ilod.org>
> > Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 01:08:52 +0100
> > Cc: lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
> >
> > I had a similar crash, and submitted a patch commited in rL285843
> > You could try to build afte this version from source, or wait for an updated build.
>
> Thanks, I will have to wait, as I don't have MSVC installed (and don't
> plan to).

My wait is over, I installed the latest snapshot today.  I'm glad to
report that now I can debug programs, although the simple invocation
of the debugger, as in

   lldb some.exe
or
   lldb -f some.exe

still crashes.  I need to invoke lldb without any arguments, then load
the program with "file some.exe", and finally run it with "process
launch".  Then it works.  Is this expected?

There's also a strange problem with error messages: I don't see them
until I quit the debugger.  For example, if I say "file foo.exe" where
foo.exe doesn't exist, I get the prompt back with no error message,
and without the usual announcement that foo.exe will be debugged.
Only after I type "quit" to exit the debugger, I see the error message
about foo.exe being non-existent.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.