[lldb-dev] LLDB Evolution

David Jones via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 15 08:50:33 PDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 2:36 AM, Pavel Labath via lldb-dev <
lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I've sampled the python code from the llvm repository, and it seems to
> be using a mixture of 4-, 2-, and even 8- character indent, with 4
> being the most prevalent. So, I think we can safely stay with status
> quo.

(Comment from the peanut gallery...)

Python does have a language-level style guide (PEP-8):

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

If code is going to be reformatted, then it may be best to try to converge
on exactly the PEP-8 style. Speaking as a project "outsider" (i.e., not an
active contributor), but someone with Python background, anything that
diverges from standard Python style seems jarring (at least to me).