[lldb-dev] How to get function name without arguments type/value/name?

Jeffrey Tan via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 21 13:45:11 PDT 2016

Hi,

I call SBFrame.name to get function name and display in our debugger
callstack window. However, this seems to include arguments types
sometimes.(Btw: why it includes arguments types for subFunction but not
main() in screenshot?)

[image: Inline image 1]

This is fine for small function, but can be really long if the function has
a lot of arguments and the arguments are of template type.

Is there any way to only get the function name without arguments types?

I have tried ""settings set frame-format [..]" " which seems to only apply
to "bt" command.
I have tried SBFrame.function.name the same result.

Did I miss anything?
Jeffrey