[lldb-dev] Green Dragon LLDB Xcode build update: TSAN support

Todd Fiala via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 5 22:23:39 PDT 2016

Okay, thanks all.

FWIW I am running them on the OS X side.  I haven't seen any stability
problems yet.  I'd also expect them to be very stable, much more like a
compiler test, since there are far fewer parts in a small-scoped C++ unit
test (vs., say, our Python tests which are end-to-end and have many moving
parts).

We've talked about it a bit over here, which I think you're alluding to,
which is how do we handle them assuming they were treated like any other
test (i.e. revert or fix fast if they break).  That implies we need to run
them, which means we should make that easy.  (Particularly easy to not
forget).  On the OS X side we currently have a target and scheme that will
build and run them, but it's a separate target.  I haven't done anything on
the Linux side to make that run, although plugging it into the test targets
shouldn't be hard.

I don't think the gtests replace the purpose of our Python tests, but I
think there's a wide-open place for them, particularly when initially
testing new classes or hard-to-expose places that would be overly
cumbersome to test (and therefore don't get tested).

For now we can see how it goes on the OS X side and see if there are any
gotchas we need to watch out for.  I've had the OS X builder build them for
quite a while, just not run them until the other day.

--
-Todd