[lldb-dev] lldb fails to hit breakpoint when line maps to multiple addresses

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 23 11:44:41 PDT 2015

We currently coalesce breakpoints to avoid the user stopping multiple times on the same source line. This might have been done to avoid stepping issues we might have had in the past, but we have made many modifications to stepping such that the step thread plans now know how to step through two hits from the same source line. I would need Jim to confirm this, but he is out for 2 weeks.

So this is on purpose and is expected. Not sure what will happen if we disable this coalescing of locations that are contiguous. Feel free to try and disable it and run the test suite and see how things go. Don't check anything in, but you could try disabling it on your branch and see how things go. Then when Jim returns we can confirm with him what the right thing to do is.

Greg Clayton